Wednesday, 14 August 2013

About my situation and why I'm writing this blog

The purpose of this blog is to chronicle my journey as a "mature" student and the balancing act between school, work and play.  I want to eventually get my doctorate in Psychology.  Not sure what kind of Psychology yet, but that will come with time.  For now I am thinking a clinical psychologist would be a good goal.

Here I am at 28 years old working at a decent paying office job that I don't particularly like.  I am deciding to go back to school in order to remedy this situation.  There will be a bunch of big changes happening all at the same time and within the next couple of weeks.  Namely:


  • Starting school:

2 classes.  I'm excited! I only have to go to school once a week! It's been 10 years since I graduated high school, although I've taken a few courses on-line through a technical institution.  Kind of nervous and need to prepare.


  • Moving:

I live with my boyfriend.  He is awesome. We are moving because the neighbours upstairs have dogs/stomping/yelling problems and there is no soundproofing.  Also our landlady never fixes anything and it's kind of lame.  I haven't started packing yet.  We are moving in two weeks without the help of movers.


  • Changing jobs:

Moving to a job of a similar nature (it's actually in the same building) but with a bit more pay and flexibility.

I am also dealing with some stress from a co-worker at my current job, but it will all be resolved tomorrow (hopefully).  I'm still nervous about it though.

Anyway, time to go order some school supplies!  I will probably cheap out and buy a chromebook lol

No comments:

Post a Comment